HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stand location suggestions please!
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Gonzo11
Spike

Default Stand location suggestions please!

OK... So here is our farm. We're surrounded by hills and in eastern MO, just north of the MO River. Our land has a bunch of open space, and the deer are in the fields in the morning and evenings, but spend most of there time in the surrounding hills and traveling the small creeks and thickets running through our property. Our current rifle stand locations arethe blue circles.There are only2 of us that bowhunt and this will only be my 2nd year, so bow stand locations areyet to be discovered. TheplacesI have spent themost time arethe yellow dots. Purple squares are surrounding houses. The creek in the NE corner looks very inviting, but has a very steep hill leading down to it. Our fields are all milo this year and have been soybeans the last 2 years.

The dots in red are 2 locations I am planning to put stands (climber or otherwise). Do you all have any suggestions how I can keep deer on our property and other stand location ideas? Any other input is greatly appreciated. The last few years haven't been the greatest b/c of problems with poaching (found 6 or so in a pile missing only the back straps and racks) and a neighboring tree farm killing off 10 deer.

Thanks!!!