HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - scents
Thread: scents
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 06:02 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: scents

Deer scents work well when used properly. Say for example this time of theyear, if youre bow hunting, you dont want anything that you would use during the rut. This time of the year your best bet would be using curriosity scents. Or a natural attractant, such as corn, apple, molases, accorn, etc. Then come mid October when the bucks are making their scrape line youll want to use somethign on the pre-rut line of scents, most of these again are curiosity scents, then in late October, to mid November, begin using your rut scents, personallyI like the bottled stuff used with scent wicks, I like to use the scents more as a treat that way I can take the wicks out with me at the end of the day. The gell is nice if youre only hunting a day or two out of the week but I hunt every day. Therefore removing the scents at the end of the hunt, improves my chances of getting a buck or a big doe depending on what Im hunting for. Dont over do it on the scents, also read all warning lables, some scents and attractants may attract predators such as bear.