HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - sweaty shivers
Thread: sweaty shivers
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 03:27 AM
Rodsmith
Fork Horn

Default RE: sweaty shivers

I wear a layer of of the new synthetics under a pair of Cabelsa dryplus outers. I start with a mesh boxer short by wickers, from there I go to a lycra stretch cross training style tights these are mainly for the slick finish as I have alot of body hair and that destroys fleecs quickly (to much invested to do very often). On top of that I wear a Patagonia fleece then the outers. On top my 1st layer is the cabelas thermastat zip collar shirt that has the extended cuff that goes over the thumb then the fleece pull over top. If I am going into a place where I know I have to do some vertical to get to, I will put the fleece top and a 2nd thermastat shirt in the pack and change/add once to my spot. I also carry balaclavas in 2 weights with the heavy being the NordicGear fleece. Once I get set into dry clothes (after the cooldown) I will bundle up and settle in for the solar wind that brings that chill every morning about 8:30. The cool down is important, I have been known to stand for 15 minutes with most of my gear off or at least down to get the moisture away from the body and out of the garments as fast as possible. Once you re-dress it takes only a few minutes to warm back up to comfort level. Do they work....YES, but they work together with the other items that you are wearing. Dont expect to put on a pair of fleece over your cotton (anything) and be dry. The same goes for your feet, cool max liners and a good thermastat or fleece oversock.

10 Pointers