HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wall tent suggestions
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 05:10 AM
Matt74

Default Wall tent suggestions

First off, I want to thankeveryone on this site who shares their knowledge and expertise to make this such a great place.
I am looking to buy a wall tent and I have read and researched until I can't see straight. The problem is there areno retailers in this area that carries wall tents, so I can only look on-line andI hate to spend a lot of money on a tent and not get what I want or what I need. Nevertheless, I think I've got it narrowed down to Davis tents and The Wall Tent shop. Afterreading all the great things about Davis tents onhere,its hard to argue, andI am defentely considering this brand. Has anyone had any experience with The Wall Tent Shop? http://www.walltentshop.com/ They seem to have some good looking tents with lots of accessories and several different types of stoves. I live and hunt in TN and camp right off the road so weight isn't a big issue. My main conserns are durability, ease of set-up, and a stove that lastall night. The two stoves I'mconsidering are theSummit stove(Davis tents & The Wall Tent Shop) and the 4 dog stoves(The Wall Tent Shop). Does anyone know the actual burns times on these stoves (using hardwood)? As far as size goes, I'm considering a 12x14 and a 14x16. I will usually be camping with 1, 2, occasionally 3 other people, so I will have help with set-up. But will set-up be much harder with the bigger one? Can anyone offer any insight or have a reccomendation. I know I've asked a lot of questions, but I really want to get the right set-up.
Thanks