HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Practice with broadheads or field points?
Old 08-13-2006, 03:32 PM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Practice with broadheads or field points?

I do check everything before I hunt. I just don't have extended practice sessions with my fixed blades. And if something did change on my bow I would know regardless of if I was shooting fixed blades or field tips.

In my opinion arrows are the number one factor in where your broad head tipped arrows shoot. I just don't want to beat up or wear down my arrows I will hunt with before I hunt.

My system hasn't failed me yet, so I am not inclined to change it. Sometimes I shoot bareshafts just for the heck of it though. If something was off it would for sure show up then.

And I treat my equipment well enough I am not concerned about those issues. If one of my buddies stepped on my bow he wouldn't be my buddy for long. But mostly my bow wouldn't be in a position where it could be stepped on by someone else. I simply can't afford to replace it.

I understand what you are saying though and I shoot a fixed blade from time to time. I have junk ones as well, but I don't do it all the time like some others do. I have never tuned my bow, then grabbed an arrow with a broad head and had it not work. They hit right were they did before, unless the arrow is no good. Which is why my hunting arrows do not get touched again until a few days before I hunt with them. How can I not trust them if they are still brand new and proven to be good? I shoot aluminums so they are not going to go bad just sitting there

I dissagree with the above post in every way shape and form.

Paul