HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many Creep Tunes?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2006, 05:36 AM
JOE PA
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How many Creep Tunes?

I have done it with dual cams, and it can make a bow somewhat more forgiving. Creeping is a form flaw, usuallly associated with draw length being too long, but in a hunting situation, you don't always have the luxury of perfect form. You can also get differences in POI with differences in pressure when pulling into the wall. I never had too much trouble getting dual cams tuned with 65% letoff, but with some 80% letoff duals, it was a pain to get them to stop high/low double grouping. Newer bows with 65% letoff modules often have no valley, which I personally don't like, even with a correct draw length. On the Ben Pearson website there is a good bow technician, Javi, who has a good explanation of creep tuning hybrids. He did a lot of work with Hoyt Cam.5 and now shoots Pearson Hybrids (CPS). My experience has been that the CPS system is the most tolerant of creep or how hard you pull into the wall. As far as singles go, I am not aware of anything you can really do about the situation. Most singles don't have much of a valley, but there are some that do. I remember a nice little bow that shot very well except for one thing. It was a Golden Eagle bow with a PWC cam. It was a lot like the Bear Vapor 300, but with a swing arm cable guard. That bow would stack arrows nicely, then for no apparent reason, put a shot 5-6" high at 30 yards. I finally figured out that I must have been pulling a little harder into the wall on the high shots, but it was such a small difference I didn't really notice it before the shot went off. Unlike duals or hybrids, there was nothing I could do to lessen the problem.