HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - groundblinds
Thread: groundblinds
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 09:06 AM
Bobgobble2
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: groundblinds

Wjrich63,
I hunt out of a ground blind about 90% of time now!Guided some 30 hunts through the courseof this year out of Ameri-steps G-20 and Penthouse blinds!We hunt some extremely thick cover which can make spottin and stalkin a little tough.I also guide on some farely small tracts of land so dogs would just run em to the next piece of property too so we stick to this casual way of stand huntin out of ground blinds over an active wallow or food plots.I like huntin out of a ground blind for HOGS much more than a tree stand simply because a ground blind does a terrific job of covering your scent.I take all my blinds and make sure I have no holes particularly the infloor to prevent drafts which will carry your scent out of the blind.I seal the floor just using dirt to cover any openings.The only opening of course I have is the one we shoot out of.The Penthouse is amazing in that it has thin membranes over the windows or portholes that act as a scent barrier but that you can see out of AND shoot fixed blade broadheads out of!They also keep ya dry in wet weather...The only down fall I've come across of a well scent tite blind is they are hotter than **ll in warm conditions!Heres you a link to take a look at a few blinds...Bob
http://www.ameristep.com/blinds/