HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Pennsylvania
Thread: Pennsylvania
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 08:59 AM
PA Bow/Flinter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Pennsylvania

Not to start a bickering match or anything, but I too hope that they keep the flintlock season solely flintlock...or possibly adding match-locks and such as someone else mentioned. With modernization taking over nearly every aspect of hunting in someway, shape, or form, I love the primitive nature of flintlocks. Heck at times I think bows, my ownincluded, has become too modern for the intended meaning of an archery season.

Its nice they allowed a different chance for people to use their inlines in some fashion other than during the regular rifle season, but infringing on the nostalgic nature of hunting the deep snow with a flint and pan would be too much for me.

Inlines have gone too far IMO to be considered muzzleloaders...other than the fact you load it from the front. With sabots and special powders, to 200 yd ranges and shotgun primers....they seem to be more like rifles then the flintlocks of the past. Grouping those two in one season is like putting cheese and pasta in the same isle at a grocery store. They just don't go together.

I'm not sure it a generational difference either...I'm two years younger than you are It think it has to do with your personal beliefs and why individuals hunt.