HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - arrow tuning
Thread: arrow tuning
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 07:39 PM
ButchA
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: arrow tuning

Hey Mauser... You got the Reflex Highlander, right? How do you like it? I LOVE mine...

The Easton Epic do have tunable nocks, just like my Beman ICS Hunters. You can gently use a nickle or (with strength) use your fingers and carefully turn the nocks.(edit: Or like mobow said, just nock an arrow andturn it on thestring...) They are inserted without glue, but are extremely snug so that they don't fly out on you.

The NAP Quiktune 1000 is another story. I'm becoming slightly dissatisfied with mine. It works well and I get great groups, but I keep getting slight cock vane contact (causing ripples in the cock vane). I've set it, reset it, tuned it, even asked the bow shop, and they said that some rests can be "finicky", and recommended a Trophy Ridge Drop Zone (the ol' sales pitch)....

You will just have to fiddle with your nocks and the cock vane down to find the right position that will work for you. With me (being lefty), I notice the left side of the notch/cutout of the Quiktune 1000 gets a little rub mark from my cock vane after shooting a dozen or so arrows. But yet my rest is set and the centershot is aligned true and dead on.

Good luck with tinkering with the Quiktune 1000...