HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Quail Hunting TX & Ok.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:42 AM
dog1
Typical Buck

Default Quail Hunting TX & Ok.

A couple of my buddies have been going to Montana in Sept. & Kansas in Nov. to hunt quail, huns, shartail, etc. They have been trying to get me to go for several years. I decided to go this year to Montana.

Well you might know, lady luck got me. I started having a tightness in my chest in late July. I had it checked out and ended up with heart surgery. I had 5 blockages, a 90, 90, 95, 80, & 50%. I had surgery on July 28th and am doing pretty good now. However, my Doctor tells me I'm grounded for several months, with no chance to go with my buddies. So I thought I would do some research for them.

They want to go to either TX or Ok. to quail hunt in the future years. They normally stay in Hotels while on their trip. They would like to find a location with good quail populations (public land preferrably) and a good hotel (city) within reasonalble driving distance each day. If they could find some land that has ahouse to rent for a week or so would be better. Can any of you steer me in the right direction.

Thank You,
Laid Up dog1