HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - great day shooting!
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 07:23 PM
frontier gander

Default RE: great day shooting!

well i went to the rendezvous today. It was pretty fun even tho i missed the shooting match and just walked around looking and talking to others.Friendliest person i met was .. belive it or not, some dude wearing a kilt lol. He had a nice .45 kentucky pistol there for $125 i almost picked up but had to walk away. To many BP pistols right now lol. And i was damn near tempted to pick up a cabelas hawken .50 flintlock in excellent shape for $175! I belive they cost close to $300 new. I didnt buy any clothing, Nothing there that suited my taste in what im looking for. I did pick up a wool/canvas lined gun sock for my kentucky and a tobacco twist. I'll smoke some tonight and see how i like it.Smells nice and sweet. And dang! out of all the people there i got lucky and spotted a hot chic! Thank god to, i was getting grossed out looking at old women in skirts. All in all, it was a great trip out there. Best thing about it, they wernt the snooty type where everything had to be 100% 1800's, This place allowed modern cook wear but most people kept the stuff in their tents or tipi's and out of sight. A lot of good stuff there for sale and trade. Saw a beautiful custom built 20 guage shot gun with an awesome tiger striped stock. And the thing i liked about it most was, Even the visitors were allowed to join the shoots.

And dont worry about the flintlock next to the gas tank deal, Its a good 12 inchs away and plus i always have that area covered over with my old jacket. No issues yet in the 5 years ive been shooting off the thing. I will be making some cross sticks and practice off those before hunting season.