HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit making noise???
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 10:47 AM
atlasman

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

ORIGINAL: Davoh

What I think they're getting at is the fact that it's easier to solve the noise with other rests than it is witha WB.
My view of the WB is that it IS the solution to a draw noise. I have never heard a WB make a noise on the draw that would spook a deer. I shoot one, both my brothers do as well and both my hunting buddies now.......that makes 5 WB's that I hear all year in my backyard range......all on different bows, all with different arrows. We don't do any modifications at all and we have absolutely zero noise problems...........not even an issue IMO.

I shot a drop away before buying a WB.........it had all sorts of noise issues. The arrow banging on the riser.....the forks popping up and then slamming down on release. I had that rubber arrow holder on my riser......it didn't work very well at all and then just fell off one day in the woods. I also had one of the forks fly out and land on the ground one day while practicing. That is all trouble I don't need to be worrying about in my stand.

I have seen all the pics of mole skin and wraps and so on with all kinds of different rests and I don't view that as an easy solution. What happens when it rains and that mole skin gets matted down by water?........will you have the same point of impact?? What happens when it freezes and now your arrow is dragging across that??.......what kind of noise will that make? How about when you are walking through the woods and a twig snags the mole skin and peels it up or maybe the adhesive just comes loose and it begins to move around??...........what does that do to your accuracy?? I know I sure don't want whatever is holding my arrow at full draw to be moving around and changing randomly.

I laugh when I see people inventing all these reasons why the WB is not a good rest..........because all I see is more and more of them showing up on hunting bows. I started out with mine and when my other buddy finally chucks the POS Bodoodle prong rest he fights with every year that will make 5 people that are close to me who have.........one by one seen how well the WB performs and decided it was a much better option for hunting then what they were shooting............I can't possibly imagine why they would all do such a thing if the rest was loud or didn't work.

Our WB's alone have put down 15 deer in the last 3 years............and we are just 5 guys bouncing around the woods in NY. Imagine how many fall to WB's around the world EVERY year..........not bad for a loud rest that doesn't work.