HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 03:10 PM
YATES40342

Default RE: Help me. . . Why do people hunt?

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Nature, outdoors, excersise, friendship, tradition, challenge, food, memories and reward.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
I think Skeeter hit most of the reasons most people hunt. Anti hunters want people to believe that hunters just think about the killing of what ever they are hunting but for me it's really all the above that gets me in the woods on a frosty cold winter morning. I can't really say I hunt for the meat, though I will eat what I harvast. I would like to get that one big trophy someday to hang on the wall, but that's not why I'm out there hunting either. Its the fellowship with hunting buddies, watching the sun come up, listening to the crows early in the morning, squirrels barking at you for being in thier tree. I think its just a calling some people have more than others. It's real R&R from what most of us have to put up with in factories, offices ect... I've had many successful hunts and never fired a shot, alot of people don't understand that.