HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit making noise???
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 05:58 AM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit making noise???

"Read what I wrote........I wasn't talking to the original poster."

Kind of my point.

"Saying a rest makes noise when an arrow gets dragged over it is like saying grass is green..........it is not unique to the WB or any other rest for that matter. The arrow has to drag over something during the draw cycle and the friction it encounters will emit some level of sound........that is just a fact. If it is a problem for you then you must find a way to eliminate this friction........mole skin, fork tamers, sprays, etc."

Let me clarify the issue then.TheWB makes noise like others do (different kind, like one said a broom going across the floor) but unlike others the posters have no idea what to do about it. You can't cover the thing with any skins or put tamers on it. Then guys like you come along and say,What noise?, I've never noticed any noise I'd be concerned with!And you take the debate away from the issue (what can I do?) and try and make it they all make noise,attempting tomake the thing laughable. You defend the thing like you've got money invested in it. I don't get it or any denial that it doesn't make an offensive noise. Too many guys have claimed it does. Over courseit won't for some, many different shafts out there and some finishes are much better than others. Maybe they should come up with an approved package deal... disk, vanes and shaft all in one instead of letting guys plunk down cash on things that won't work.AND AVOID ALL THE NEGITIVE COMMENTS THAT CAUSE SO MANY TO GET EXCITED. They won't do that though because if guys new they were not just buying a rest but new shafts and vanes of only a certain kind it's sales would drop like a rock. That's the archery shuffle that most new guys learn about eventually.

It's that there is no fix that guys have a problem with. The best I could do was to wax the arrow smooth when I shot one. And, I suspect that they get filled with dirt or dust from the shafts which causes them to get louder, but it's just speculation.

For the record my forks came coated like a finger nail, out of the box and anarrow makesvery little noise while a waxed shaft is almost silent, not just none that concerns me. I can only hear it because it's next to my head. Never have done anything to the forks, although they are becoming worn and will need some attention, but there is a fix.