HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2006, 04:16 PM
nodog
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WalMart stuff vs Proshop stuff?

Just sat in the local coffee /book shop last night and guess what i found to read, a book about Sam Walton. One of the reasons Wally world has never gone union and that is the whole issue with this whole thing and has been for decadesis because the employees are given part ownership in walmarts/sam's clubs. Their benefits are enormous as long as walmarts stocks do well.

Here's another reason I find the thing such a bore. The merchants and labor as far as the consumer is concerned are exactly the same. They both are in it for what ever they can get the consumer to pay and in many cases it's pay or else. For them to solicitthehelp of the consumernow I find extremely insulting. I've never heard any labor negotiations ever concerned with the cost of goods and services, just what they can get and hold onto and force others to live by. A town close by is very union and they strong arm everybody who isn't. They have the nerve to tell me not to shop there. As if they have earned any respect.

There's an ice cream store in town that's seen 23 others come and go because they have the same philosophy asWalmarts. I suppose I should boycott them too for driving all the otherSB's and chain stores out of town.Even if Walmart tried to compete with them they wouldn't have a chance, wonder why? Hmmm.