Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks? >

Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Old 07-20-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Hey, well i live and hunt in Louisiana and have never been hunting out-of-state cause i have nobody that will take me with them!! If you have any advice on some good places to hunt (big buck places) then tell me!!
Old 07-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

he he good luck
Old 07-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

try Southern Texas a hop skip and a jump from you.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 PM
Fork Horn

Depends on what part of La. you're in. If you're north of Shreveport, you might be better off goin into Oklahoma.Driving distance wise. Dont know much about Okl. hunting....

South Texas region is a good 8+ hour drive from even Southern Louisiana. Central Texas, or the "Hill Country" as we call it has some good places to hunt. TONS of deer and there are a lot oflow-fenced (and high-fenced too, if you're into that sort of thing [:'(]) QDM Ranches where you can hunt some really nice bucks for Semi affordable day-lease rates. Not my pereferred way of hunting, but for an outatowner just in for a short spell, it'll do.There are a few WMA's and National Forestsscattered around the state, but most of which have more hunters than deer, even during bow-season.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:46 PM
Dominant Buck

Your local friendly neighborhood.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Illinois, Iowa, Ohio, Kasas, Missouri, Alberta, Sask, etc.....

If you want to kill big bucks, you have to hunt where they live!
Old 07-20-2006, 08:01 PM

No big bucks here in Ohio.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:28 PM

None here, either. That Greg/ MO guy done shot em all!!! [:@]

Old 07-20-2006, 08:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can PM you mobowhuntr's address... come early November, you just wait down the road a bit and ease into place behind him when he pulls out on the way to his hunting spot. Follow at a safe distance, and when he gets out and hikes to his stand, stay about 200 yards behind him

The next day, just go sit in his stand, because I know he probably wouldn't want to overhunt his stand location -- so the liklihood of him being there is slim to none. Shoot the first big buck that walks by!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Yep can help ya out. Contact Don at Grand River outfitters in Hale Missouri. One look at his wall and you will see he has some big deer. Tell him Arrowmaster sent ya.

Quick Reply: Is there anybody that can tell me some good hunting places with big bucks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.