HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2002, 04:45 AM
Tazman
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks

Ladybowhunter congrats to your dad, I am sure he was ecstatic.

We have all made mistakes, some of us are man enough(I know your a lady, but I do not know how else to put that)to admit our mistakes and some aren't. I am not ashamed of any mistake I have made hunting, because when the mistake was made it was not an unsafe mistake nor was there any way it could have turned out illegal.

I have killed 2 buttons over the years that unless you have bionic vision you could not have told until you were right on them, the buttons on one of them hardly broke the hair and the other ones buttons stood only 1/2 inch above the hairline. When I shot them it was buck or doe and I thought they were doe. Guess what? I was still pleased as punch over them both!

Last year during gun, when it was buck or doe, I had a deer about 40-45 yards out moving through some mountain laurel, I could see almost all of the deer except the top of it's head, it sure looked like a doe so I shot her, well it turned out to be a dink 4 point, the beams at the base were about as thick as my pinky!!! Guess what? I was still happy I had put some excellent meat in the freezer, but I made a mistake thinking it was a doe.

I will say it again, congrats to your dad, encourage him to tune his bow to his broadheads or do as he did and stick with mechs, I am sure he will do one of these before next season.

Oh for another thing, if I see a deer go down less than 30 yards away I would gladly stick another one.

The Tazman aka Martin Price
Founder and President of
Virginia Disabled Outdoorsmen Club