HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2002, 09:23 PM
kshunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2 Minutes - 2 Button Bucks

Just my 2 cents. Congrats to your dad with the deer. I'm gald to hear you'll have a freezer of meat.

On the debate side of the subject, from a hunter who not only hunts for trophy deer, but also for meat to put in the freezer also. Hopefully you're father will be more prepared next year so he won't make 6 misses in a row. That's carelessness for 6 times, after the 1st, at most 2 shot he should've done something to his bow so he wouldn't take the chance of wounding a deer. I'm glad he got his problem fixed, and hopefully next year he will be more prepared. And any questions about his bow, he can come on here and we can try helping him with his problem.

All that aside, I encourage people to practice deer management and pass the buttons and small bucks up. But I won't put a person down because they have to fill the freezer and a couple buttons was the answer. I have a grandpa who has the "brown it's down" method. He hunts just for meat, and could care less about the rack. He's been doing it for as long as he's been deer-hunting and there are still B&C bucks running around his land. I don't belittle him because of it, it's just how he hunts. I still try to encourage him though. Last year I saw 2 bucks running out across the open, one was a 120 class 8ptr, and the other a big non-typ. And the shot the non-typ, which was an older deer, giving the other buck another year to grow. Let's all just be helpful hunters on here and try to help each other out. Isn't that what this place is for...
Visit My Hunting Page