HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bullshops in my Ultra Mag
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2006, 01:50 PM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bullshops in my Ultra Mag

And the one kicker to the whole thing. Can anyone tell mehow the .504's from Bullshop load in your Ultra Mags?????? The first one on a clean, dry barrel slid down the barrel all by itself. After that, the weight of the loading rod by itself easily pushed the bullet down the barrel. As I said, I didn't swab while shooting and all the bullets loaded the same. I don't have anything here at the house to measure them with, but will TRY to remember to bring a pair of calipers home from work tomorrow. I am planning on using either the 460's or 500's to hunt with this year, but am going to have to get some sized a little bigger. Has anyone else had to do this???
On my Ultra Mag, on a clean barrel, once I use my thumb and push it under the crown of the muzzle, it will start to disappear down the barrel. I then put the rod in on top and it seats itself, no strain. After the barrel is fowled, they still load easy and just slide down the barrel with slight pressure on the rod.

Its amazing to me that fact that I can shoot over twenty large conicals and never have to swab the barrel. Although, if you do swab you will get even better accuracy. Hard to believe with the kind of groups you're shooting, but as many know, I've clover leafed a fair number of three and even a few five shot groups when I took the time to swab between shots.

I really like your front sight. Send me a link as to where you might have purchased that, etc if you could. They look like something I would be interested in. Although I would rather have a green front sight and stick with the fiber optics in the back. I've shot a lot of peep sights and still do. While they are very accurate, they are not my favorite sighting device.

That by the way is some outstanding shooting. Especially taking into consideration your medical condition which would have played a part in all of that whether you can believe it or not. Very nice groups, tight and perfect round holes. BullShop did you a good job there...