HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Let the bow tell you what it likes.
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2002, 09:50 PM
ACLakey
Fork Horn

Default RE: Let the bow tell you what it likes.

Rangeball
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> Are there 3 arrows in that lower group?<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
yes
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Are those groups all the result of a paper tuned bullet hole? Did you papertune with both the 100 and 125 grain head then shoot for groups, or just one of them? Which one? <hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
with the 100g tip it shoots a perfect bullet hole. with the 125g tip I get a slight tail high and left tare. I did a bunch of testing with different shafts to come up with this configuration. I will try to dig the thread up and post a link to it.

Rack-attack
<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> that is a huge diff for 25 grns. With my set up 25 grns heavy at 30 yds equals about 1/2&quot; lower.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>
I shot the group with the 125g tips at the bottom center target. There wasn't much of a difference in impact point between the two heads. I haven't sighted the bow in yet, I have just been tuning it.

Buckfevr
Pinwheel12 told me to see how the shafts grouped at range some when I started this project. I just haven't had the time to do it until today. I was amazed by the difference. Just for grins I swapped the 100 and 125g tips around and got very simmilar results with the tips on the different arrows.

>>>----Andrew---->