HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Patch lubes
Thread: Patch lubes
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2006, 01:10 PM
BS

Default Patch lubes

In my search for a lube that will shoot in the same point of impact clean or dirty, I have tried many lubes. Most don't shoot any where close from the first to second shot in my .73 carbine rifle.

I have shot some really good groups with dry oiled patches at 100 yds, but the first shot, on a clean barrel will blow holes or tear the patches.....second and third shots are fine.[:@]

I have tried many of the home-made lubes with Bees Wax and......ATF, Neetsfoot, Crisco, Sno-seal, and a couple of others, most are too slippery.

Too slippery is bad, makes the balls splatter.[causes fliers] imo

Anyway, I had tried Moose Milk as a wet patch lube with poor results, but I just pust some on .015 pillow ticking and let it dry.............first shot clean barrel........torn patch, but a good hit.

Lubed up a small pc of canvas..................sun dried and a little help from a fan.

First and second shot are nearly in the same hole at 75 yds............I have more material drying.................

The first shot patch on a clean bore is one of the best looking patches that have come out of the 73 cal tube.

More info coming.....soon.

N0-BS