HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scope Recticle Prefference???
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 05:58 AM
eldeguello
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Scope Recticle Prefference???

ORIGINAL: kkeiser

I am going to purchase a Bushnell Banner 3-9 x 40 but I need some assistance in what recticle to get. I believe that 4" eye relief is adiquate for BP, correct me if I'm wrong.

I have a 50 Caliber BP that I recieved for a present last year at Christmas, and have looked at these scopes and know that I am going to purchase one just want some input as to what recticle you all like.
[ol][*]Circle X[*]Multi X[*]Illuminated (New I have not looked at this scope yet) [/ol]

I have never really hunted with optics, and want some advise.
I prefer a post & crosshair, or a three-post German stylewhen available, because you can see them in poor light and in thick brush/deep woods.

The illuminated reticle is a snare and a delusion. They make it easy to see the reticle all right, but having a light source between your eye and the target tends to wash out the target. Now, if it was possible to illuminate the TARGET,then you'd have something.......besides, they require a battery, which tends to lose power in cold weather, just about the tiime you need it! I shy away from huntingequipment that needs batteries!