HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - At the range with 777 Primers & TMZs
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 06:06 PM
mayguy
Fork Horn

Default At the range with 777 Primers & TMZs

Well, I finaly got out to try out the 777 Primers, I like them. I shot over 50 times so I gave them a pretty good trial. There was some crud ring with 777 but not nearly as much as with regular 209 primers. I would say they are alot like theVeri-Flame adapters, with magnum rifle primers, only easier to use. Comparing the to Kleanbore primers they seem to be cleaner. After a few shots with the Kleanbores I have to use a primer tool to get them out, with my Omega. With the 777 Primers they still came out easily with my fingers, after 50 shots. I patched between shots using both sides of a windshield washer/alcohol mix and both sides of a dry patch
I also tried out the 250gr TMZs. They shot pretty well with the supplied yellow sabots BUT they loaded very hard, too hard to suit me. I tried out some HPH 24 sabots and they loaded fairly easy BUT they shot terrible (5 to 6 inch groups at 50 yds. I remembered I had a bag of MMP Sub-Bases with me so I tried them. WOW! What a difference, I now was shooting 3 shot ragged holes at 50 yds. I moved back to 100 yds and the groups ranged from a little under 1 inch to about 1 3/4 inch. Usualy two of the holes were touching and the third opened up some. It was in the low 80s so the third one could have been getting too warm or just as likely it was me. I was shooting 120 grs of loose 777 powder also 115 grs shot about the same at 50yds, didn't try it at 100.This is, by far, the best my Omega has shot in the over 300 times I have shot it. Hope this is of help, of course another gun might not shoot the same but I think the same results with the primers will probably happen.