HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - paper tuning question
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2006, 07:15 AM
WA Shooter

Default RE: paper tuning question

Len and Bob,

Your posts bring up a question. No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of a tail left tear. It would indicate a weak spine, but at 60# with a 28.5" GT 5575, I would think the spine is OK with a 100 Gr. tip. I got the same tear with a 7595 and a 125 Gr. tip. This led me to believe it was rest position. No matter what I did, the tear wouldn't get any better than about 1/2". I did have the local pro shop shoot it through paper to make sure it was not my form or hand torque, they got the same tear. I adjusted the rest to get the smallest tear possible, then I shot target tips and BH's, and adjusted the rest until both would hit the same spot on the target. The adjustments were very minor, and at 20 yds. both are right on.

Would you say that the bow is not shooting center shot? I would, but I also consider this tuned, as both tips are shooting to the same point of impact (at 20 yds.). With your statements above, are you saying my penetration is not what it should be if the arrow was shooting true center shot? Am I losing performance?

I'm just trying to learn a little something here, so educate me. I am positive that the bow will not shoot a bullet hole through paper, but as long as I'm not changing my sights between BH's and target tips, and the arrows are going almost all the way through my Yellow Jacket target I believe it will kill whatever I shoot at.