HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Cuddeback is it worth the $$$
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Angus74

Default RE: Cuddeback is it worth the $$$

I own a Cuddeback and the Moultrie,Yes the Moultrie takes acceptable pics, and is only 98 bucks, and is easy to operate. But sometimes daytime pics are too bright, but not often. The mounting strings are kind of cheap and dont hold it in place tightly sometimes. ANd my biggest gripe is that the battery only lasts about 5 or 6 days, and less if it takes a lot of pictures, or it is cold, then it is usually only two to three. I have two rechargeable batteries, and just go out and change the battery and sd card every few days.

The cuddeback is also easy to operate, especially in easy mode. The pics are always good, it mounts very securely to the tree especially if you use the supplied wood screw to mount it, but I dont. It has password protection, again probably wont keep it from getting stolen, but at least they wont be able to use it if they do. But to me the best part is that the batteries(4 D cells) will last me for about 3 months, maybe only 2 and a half if Im getting lots of pics. but I usually get around 1500 pics on one set of batteries, I can put it out with a large capacity card in it, and leave it for weeks at a time if I want to and not have to worry about it missing anything. I also think it has a better range and motion detection than the Moultrie.
I say that the Cuddeback is worth the money if you can afford it, I dont regret mine at all, I do llike my other camera too but its still isnt the quality of the Cuddeback. Just my opinion..