HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Looking for a boat.
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 04:36 PM
chiefks

Default RE: Looking for a boat.

Hard to getbig boats on a farm pond. I'd either keep fishing them from the bank or pick up a good used john boat and get a motor guide trolling motor. I don't like min kota's. Motor guide's are built a lot better. You can even get a $20 bracket from cabelas so you can use the transom mount on the front of the john boat.

John boats are to small for most lakes. I'd recoment 16-18 foot boat. You can get an alumiunm boat like a bass tracker that would work good. Or you can go with something like a Ranger. The boats like the Rangers are more versatile. They are alot faster.You can ski behind them better. They handle rough water a whole lot better. The bass trackers will take some rough water, but they will beat you to death doing it. If your just wanting a fishing boat though, get a good used tracker, lowe or fisher. I think the Lowe's or Fishers are built a little better than the tracker. Heavier hull material and stuff. You might want to go talk with a local marine shop. They can point you in the right direction and might even know of some for sale.