HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - First Traditional Bow
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Brett/IL
Nontypical Buck

Default First Traditional Bow

As some of you may remember, I posted here a while back about choosing to go traditional and seeking some advice. Well, I ordered a bow this week. It is a Chek Mate Falcon Special #53@28" in Greybark. I ordered it from Chad (LBR) at recurves.com. I cannot speak highly enough of Chad and his desire to help. He spent over an hour on the phone with me answering all of my "rookie" questions. I shot a few recurves before ordering this bow, they had draw weights ranging from #40 to #65, I decided that #50 was at the upper edge of my comfort range. My draw length with a compound is 28.5" and, as I understand it, I will lose between 1"-2" by going to a trad. bow. I figured this one would be good because I will be drawing just under #50, plus Chad had it in stock. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival and I will let you all know how it shoots. I have some XX78's in the 2117 weight thatI am going to start shootingwith, but I plan on ordering some wood arrows ASAP. As always, any comments/advice is greatly appreciated and welcome.