HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you really need a $700 bow?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2006, 05:01 PM
pdoughertyMU

Default RE: Do you really need a $700 bow?

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

You can't buy accuracy, you simply must work for it!
see, now i don't necessarilly agree with that, especially when talking about compound bows.

I had never shot a compound bow in my life, and only a cheap recurve in gym class before that. I went to the range the other day to try out some bows, my first shot was a little wacked, as was my second, but from that point on I was shooting extremely accurately, to the point where it shocked me on how accurate a bow could be.

so unless you are talking about recurves and such or really long shots, it seems like using the sight on a well tuned compound bow gives you pretty darn good accuracy.

but then again, im a noob and know nothing of what i talk about I was juust hearing on how you really have to work on accuracy and such, and then i go shoot my first compount bow ever and im shooting about 3" groups at 25 yards, and this is with a fred bear element. yeah, i know 3" isn't anything to brag about, but it was my FIRST TIME EVER!! so pracatice will get me better, fo sho, but to make it sound like its mostly skill and almost no bow, i wouldn't agree. skill seems to only play a part when trying to shoot better than 3"