HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Oldhootowl

Default RE: Slick-Tricks - Retooling Until June 1st.

Bull ampa, since you posted that I have been breaking my neck trying to find a Mustang. As to the 06 heads, been wrestling with manufacturing, but they are going to be later than planned, will ship sometime next month. Until then, I have stocked a few 05s for those who have to have them now. By the way, the new blades will be exactly like the old blades, just new edges. As far as ordering the 06s now, you could and put on the order form SHIP 06 ASAP. Although when I finally ship in July I will post that on the site, and there won't be a problem ordering them and getting them shipped promptly. Good news is I have confidence new blades will be met with approval.

This is my favorite all time post on blades. It came from another forum about sharp blades. Before I post, let me say that the heads mentioned are some of the best rated in terms of sharpness.

"I recently bought some of the NAP heads with diamize blades and them things couldn't cut butter much less a rubber band! Very disappointing. Tryed Wasp-nothing special, tryed Stingers-nothing special. I was able to put an edge on the 125 grain stingers that did make you handle them very carefully. Tried Wac em Tritons- nothing special. Tried Razorcaps-nothing special although I do like the head design and they fly like bullets, pain in the butt to sharpen to my standards, almost impossible. My quest for a scary sharp head continues and I guess I will try Rocky Mtns next."

So as you see, sharpness is in the feel of the beholder.