HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Easton arrow help
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 07:36 PM
BGfisher
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Easton arrow help

When I shot aluminums I always found the Hunting Chart to be on the stiff side. I always used and was successful choosing a shaft from the Target Chart. Each of us is an individual so results will vary, but the only way to find out what works for you is to try something different.

One thing that I think a lot of people overlook when choosing a shaft and computing point weight, etc, is the weight of the insert. I've always thought that this should be included as point weight, thus a shaft with a 30gr insert and 100gr tip is really pushing 130gr up front. This is the major difference between the two charts. A target shaft doesn't have an insert, but glue-in target tips.

With your bow setup and specs I see no reason why you couldn't use 2114's. In fact, you could probably even shoot a 2212 if you're looking for even more speed.

If you want even more speed and still like a bigger shaft then you could try Gold Tip 22 series shafts. Probably end up with something about 100 grains lighter than the aluminum and much more durable in the long run. And if you choose the standard Ultralight 22 you'll find there isn't much difference in price from aluminum's.