HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does the military not teach???
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 10:17 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does the military not teach???

ahahah funny you post something like this RA......you must missed all my posts about a "American Military Expirience" college class i took this spring semester......both teachers were sergeant first class in rank.....i know one was still active duty and just got back from Iraq not long ago..that guy in particular tried feeding me all kindsaaaaaa BS....saying how the 223 and the m16 are the greatest thing out there and have more stopping power then any other weapon out there blah blah blahhhh and the enemy general shoots an AK-47 which fire a 308 wincherster round etc...which is pretty false....most run of the mill AKs fire a 7.62x.39...during that discussion he asked what round an AK fired and i told him..7.62x.39....and hes like well....does anyone know the CIVILLIAN name for it? its a 308 winchester! i was shocked...they know what they know from their time in service.....no doubt about that....and know and preach what theyve been told.....but when it comes to anything else it seems that a good bit dont know peas from carrots when it comes to ballistics etc.....i dont know about you guys....but last time i checked the ballistics i rather fire a 30cal moving around 2800fps then a .223 at 3000-3200fps...and telling us that the m16s are the most accurate weapons any of us will fire...personally breaking down their own m16s in class showed me their weapons are quite sloppy(they were NEW weapons also....very new fired once prior i think)...and they even told us in class one day..military equipment isnt great....its made by the lowest bidder...(that was a diffrent class period but they said it!) i wanted to take in one of our hand built AR-15s at the range day...but i wasnt a member of the range we went to...ill shoot smiley faces all over their targets...i was going to take the second class my college offers..but when i found out that guy was teaching i opted to pick up another class from my major....no sense in me suffering....no correcting him...he tried to be little me every chance he got because he knew i knew my stuff....like when he saw my target at the range....i didnt fire a great group....but i fired the ONLY group(alot of the kids dont have shooting expirience...alot had blank targets..not their fault) but i was the first to fire on the line and first done and had a nice little group..nothing to write home about but compared to the other targets i looked like a pro...but he looks at my target and says oh ya...your bad guy wouldnt have any legs left...the 10rd group was low and center...weapons were brand new never zeroed(if they do such things!) and you can clearly tell the sights need to be adjusted! and he trys to make me look bad.....HA...ill have fun in my extra major class in the fall.......