HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shoulder surgery ????
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2006, 06:53 AM
BOWFANATIC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Shoulder surgery ????

The best advice I can offer is listen to your doctor and get yourself a comfortable recliner if you don't already have one!!!!!

I know a couple guys who had shoulder surgery more than once because they didn't take their doctors words of caution to heart.

I had shouldersurgery March 3rd. I had a tear in my rotator cuff and they had to reattach (whatever it's called) back to my shoulderwith a screw . He also cut out a bone spur when he was in there. It was all done arthroscopic but he did have to enter in five different locations.
The first couple weeks after surgery were pure hell. I swore I'd never have it done again if I ever hurt my rotator cuff again. Eight weeks later and I'm so glad I had it done.
I think the biggest difference in my surgery and the two guys I know who had bad experiences was listening to everything the doctor warned me about. I went to every physical therapy session that they reccomended. I did every excercise at home that was reccomended. I feel great right now but the doc told me to take it easy at least until August so I don't intend to even try shooting my bow until then. I threw away my crossbow application permit a couple weeks ago.