HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?
Old 05-19-2006, 08:37 AM
idahoelkinstructor
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I'm going with the whisker biscuit, but which one?

That sound like a contradiction to me. Could you explain?
Sure, I prefer a drop away rest any day of the week, I like them the best because they don't slow your arrow down, they are so east to tune, and you don't have to worry about fletching clearence problems. The biscuit is hard on fletchings, no matter what type you have and they do slow your arrow down some. The biscuit is not always the most easy to tune, and I have heard storys about them freezing up incold wet weather, but I know that could happen to some dropaways too. For beginers I realy like and recomend the biscuit,once set upand tuned its easy and fool proof.Like I said it is a excellent rest, but its not my choice, some likethem some don't.My bows allhave a drop away, but that not saying that all the other types of rests are bad and should not be used. Most of the rests on the market are excellent rest, and we each pick and choose one over the other for personal reasons. That is why I said I am not a fan of them but they are a excellent rest.Clear as mud?