HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 3 Legged Buck
Thread: 3 Legged Buck
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2002, 02:19 PM
Luke 1:37
Spike

Default RE: 3 Legged Buck

When I was still too young to hunt alone, I was in a box stand with my Grandfather. The deal was that anything that came out on my side I shot and anything on his side he'd shoot. Well this deer appeared about 150 yards off. It was real foggy so it was hard for me to see very well with the cheap binos I had. I told him I thought it was a buck. He said, "Let me look through my scope and make sure, then you can shoot it." He sticks the gun through the window and said, "Its a buck alright, Boom Boom!" It ended up being a huge 3 legged 10 point. It is the biggest deer he ever killed. Should have been mine but that is quite alright. We are sure that deer was born that way. There was alsolutely no scaring what so ever. The way he ran after the shots, you would have never known it only had 3 legs. The funniest thing about it was that the deer was 4 1/2 years old and know one had seen the deer before.

Did you know that most bucks that have a leg deformity also have a deficency in that rack on the opposite side of the deformity. The right front leg of that 10 pt. was missing and the left side of the rack had a short mainbeam and only 4 points on that side.