HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Turkey Gun, I hope!
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Antler Eater
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New Turkey Gun, I hope!

I have the Baikal portedversion of one of the guns your describing. In other words Remington hadn't started importing them under the Spartan name yet when I got this one.

Single shots are fun. Even with the standard barrel it is just slightly longer than my Benelli with a 21 inch barrel. Of course that is due to not having to compensate for the action on the receiver of the semi-auto weapon.

All I did to mine is put on some Truglow sights and a Carlson turkey choke and it was good to go. It is a light gun however and with a 3" inch turkey load it wants to knock you into next week. In a hunting situation one doesn't notice it so bad, but sighting that thing in was a bone jarring adventure. This year I used Winchester's Extended Range 2 3/4" and took a tom at forty yards with it so it will get the job done.

I have taken pheasant and turkey with the little gun. It has done everything I have asked of it and because it was not an expensive gun,I never have to worry about scratching it up while in the field.

Let's see if I can dig up a photo.....