HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scorekeeping question
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 08:08 PM
The Yankee

Default RE: Scorekeeping question

I seem to always get picked for being a scorekeeper. Keeping score is not an easy thing to do when you are shooting with people you do not know. You don't want to peev anybody off but you have to be fair also. You have to protect the rest of the field, just like in golf. There are always "close" shots that can be called either way I think. It is like an umpire in baseball, if you call it one way, call it that way the hole game for everybody. But when you can visually see that something is out and you call it out and the other scorekeeper calls it in then you go to the group and ask everybody to call it. If it is 3 for in the line and 2 for out the guy gets the higher score on my card. The arrows are left in the target untilthe scores are ON THE SCORECARD, then the pullers can pull them out. I had to tell a guy to leave them in there once. That way is fair. The person can protest the scorers I guess but my concience is ok at least. I had to score against my friend at the PA state shoot last year, not an easy thing to do. He was ok with it though. Scoring isn't easy to do folks.