HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - [Deleted]
Thread: [Deleted]
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 01:50 PM
TxCowboy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Another ethical question...

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote> i do not believe in high fences. even with 10,000 acres you know pretty much where te deer will be. you have to ask your self the question,&quot;when the deer get to the end of this property, can they keep running free or does the fence turn them around?&quot; if they can not keep running it is not fair chase. if they are turned around by the fence then they are penned up. makes no difference how big the pen is, it is still a pen if they can not get out<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Dep214, I mean no offense but that statement is almost silly. No matter how big the pen is, it's not fair chase? So if we put a fence around the whole US and penned in every deer it's not fair chase? Give me a break. 10,000 acres is over 15 1/2 square miles! Most deer will live and die within a mile or two (or much less) of where they were born. So in this situation alot of these deer might not even know there is a fence holding them back! I'm not a big fan of high fences either, I've never hunted behind one. But to make comments like this is pointless is in my opinion. If you don't agree with that way of hunting, fine, he asked for opinions. But to say that any fence no matter how big it is, makes it not fair chase, is a joke.

Bgidd, I say go for it. No one says you have to kill a deer if you go. At the very least you could have a great experience getting to watch whitetails. If the hunting seems like fair chase, go for it. If it is like a zoo, take alot of pictures. Good luck!

--------------------------------------------
Hunting the Piney Woods of Deep East Texas.