HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scorekeeping question
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 04:37 AM
bluejacket

Default RE: Scorekeeping question

James,
At no time should any group allow one person sole discretion in determining the points earned in competition. That is why you are sent out in busted groups to begin with. The shooting group must decide / agree on the score value before pulling their arrows. If your group is unsure if a particular arrow should qualify as a robinhood, glance off, pass through, or some other possible special circumstance consideration, I as a range / shoot official can help to define the possibilities. I can not, however, determine if a particular situation ever existed after the arrows are pulled. Therefore, even in these special circustances, your group must decide before any arrows are pulled what exactly happened and the results. Without that group decision, the only score I could ever give after the arrows are pulled is a zero. With that in mind, I will also add that it is important to decide if conditions such as a pass thru or bounce back exist immediately when they happen. You have options before approaching a target that you do not have afterwords.

It is early morning and I'm on my first cup of coffee. I hope this make some sencein answering your question.
Chris