HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bigfoot???
Thread: Bigfoot???
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 08:30 AM
RedRiverHntr
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bigfoot???

Most commonly promulgated fabrication.........about hunting bigfoot/yeti is the ignorance of some who go undergunned!!!! Bigfoot is tough and even tougher to bring down. One in the boiler room will bring down a young one or maybe even a female, but if you are looking for a record book 'foot, please make sure you have enough gun!!!
I am sure there are a couple of guys that will give you more information than I can provide, (EKM?), but suffice it to say that anything less than a .300 mag is just foolish. Seen more wounded yeti's get up and run off after being hit with a smaller caliber than I care to think about. Not fair to you or the Bigfeet!!!
Now I know I am busting open the hornet's nest and that you are about to hear how everyone and their dog has bagged bigfeet for years with nothing more than a .243 and I know O'conner mentioned hunting them in his writings with a .270, but dang it you are not Jack!!!! You book a trophy Bigfoot hunt of a lifetime and then have it go wrong because of ill preparation, don't come crying to me. You have to track that bigfoot, which is easier to do by the way due to the size, several miles into the back country and then pack him out, you will be wishing for a quicker death the next time!!!
I won't get into the dynamics of the rut or how to field dress a bigfoot here, as we'll save that for another thread.

Now here we go.......bring on the "shot placement" on a bigfoot is more important than bullet diameter "lobbyists"!!!

Last piece of advice.......IMO, if you want to really bag a trophy? Check out the best video's made on "how to talk to and understand Bigfoot" ever made.....go to Bigfootnut's website...... www.bigfootnut.com !!!