HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are your groups like at 30 yards? Be Honest!
Old 05-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Mykey
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What are your groups like at 30 yards? Be Honest!

I don't shoot spots or 3d,i'm strickly a hunter who practices in the back yard and hunts. I don't use a peep sight and i use one tritium sight pin on an old cobra bracket with a 6" extention. The areas i hunt are thick and 99% of my shots are 20yds and closer so i seldom practice beyond 30yds. Once in a while i'll shoot at 40 just for fun but not very often, but i would take a 40yd shot if i had to with complete confidence because i know how my bow shoots at that distance.When i do my part and on a good dayi shoot tight groups at 20ydsbut theyusually open up at 30 and a little more so at 40. At 20yds i can usually pull all the arrrows out at one time and sometimes i can at 30.I have 7 arrows that i practice with and here's a couple pics of some 7 shot groups i shot recently. The first two are 20yds and the third is 30. I was shooting at the top dot at 30yds.In all honesty,my groups aren't always this good buti'm very confident in my shooting. >----------> Mike

20yds

Another 20yds

30yds