HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good Start on Food Plot, I think? (pics)
Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Rob/PA Bowyer
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Good Start on Food Plot, I think? (pics)

Yes, I mispoke and I'm saying plowing instead of discing. I do not own a plow just the disc. I bought it at our Tractor Supply for $522. I can't think of the name right now, I'll look at it and get back to ya but I think it's a King Cutter. I did build a box and attached it on the top of the disc and put about 75lbs of dirt into plastic "burlap" bags to strap down. I'll add pics of it as well. Yesterday it rained which hopefully softened up the ground a bit. I'm headed out shortly to see if I can "disc" it up better than I had the other night without the weight and harder ground. I'll try to throw some more pics on here tonight on how that went.

Thanks all for the comments and the advice. This is my first attempt at "farming" so I don't know what the heck I'm doing. Unfortunately the rape, brassicas and turnips are all part of the mixture of seeds so they will be thrown at the same time as the clovers etc....I guess there is nothing I can do about that. I'm assuming they will all take their time growing or will they not at all?

Okay guys, thanks again and keep me straight on what I'm doing. I appreciate it more than you know.