HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Boy, do I feel stupid!
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 PM
dmurphy317
Nontypical Buck

Default Boy, do I feel stupid!

I admit it, I messed up last weekand bought the wrong rifle. It arrived on Tuesday of this week and it took me all of 10 seconds to realize I had a problem. My brand new Lyman GPH looked great as I opened the box and saw it for the first time, then my heart sank, it was a left handed gun.

The morning the auction was to end I was very tired after working all night and was waiting on a confirmation email from the seller about a question I had about their listing on gunbroker. The auction was almost over so I took a chance and bid on it at the last minute. In my less than pristine condition I must have clicked on the wrong listing and bid onthe left handed version instead of the right handed version. I did not catch the mistake untill the gun arrived a week later.

I have a call into the dealer and hope to get this resolved tomorrow, I just hope they still have the right handed version in stock so I can swap it out. Next time I will reread the ad before hitting the bid button, live and learn I guess.

I hope everyone is having a good week, I'll let you know how mine is going after tomorrow.