HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2003 Hoyt Supertec Questions
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2002, 08:11 AM
PABowhntr
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: 2003 Hoyt Supertec Questions

Bloodtrail,

Both Len and Jeff bring up some good points to consider. For one, the markups on bows are going to vary from area to area and it definitely does matter in terms of the type of shop you are getting the bow from. Places like Len's (if there are any others like Len's..) provide more than just the equipment. They also provide the knowledge on how to set it up correctly and then offer the facilities to try it out. They also provide you with the confidence that they can further assist you with any type of problem that you might experience down the proverbial road. That type of service does usually add on to the price tag but for many folks it is not only a valuable option but a necessity if they are going to be able to effectively utilize their choice of equipment.

As for what Jeff stated...I have not experienced the "hump" as you described it either. But, I have not fully experimented with the cam yet at this point. It is possible that a person might experience a different feel for the Cam and a Half depending on where the cam is set in relation to the range of draw length adjustment available.

I will share one bit of info with you though that might surprise some. Each of the Razortec's that I shot this year felt different different to me in terms of the draw cycle. The first Razortec felt like it had more of a valley...the newer one doesn't have that same feel. I can't explain it yet.

As for the Supertec...yes, I am somewhat interested in it. If it shoots as accurately as the Darton Maverick (same brace height, similar cam system) then it deserves a hard look. Again, my biggest concern would be with heavier hunting clothes. I usually wear a Cabelas Revolution Fleece Insulated Pullover for the late season temps...and though not excessively bulky, it still isn't an early season jacket either. Maybe I should take the jacked down to the local shop and shoot the Supertec with it on. That would probably be the only way of knowing....

...so definitely go through with your "experiment" and let the rest of us know what you find.