HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bowhunting yesterday vs. bowhunting today
Old 10-30-2002, 07:00 PM
c903

Default RE: Bowhunting yesterday vs. bowhunting today

Chief

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>I truly believe that a person that puts in their time and practice and does everything possible to not wound animals, should use whatever (legal) they find helps put those odds in their favor.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Not exactly what I was talking about. If it helps, then the user made a good choice. I am talking about the unnecessary, the impractical, the overly complex, and gear that is too mechanical and has a built in flaw factor.

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>Do you have something against people who choose archery as a recreational sport and never plan to hunt animals? They too can learn alot from bowhunters and we can learn alot from them.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Never said that. I was referring to how the hype even captures the hearts and minds of those who have no intention of engaging in anything other than talking toys.

davidmil

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>You like &quot;TRAD&quot;... have at it.<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Never said that. I have no intentions of going back to a recurve, but respect those that will or those that will take up the recurve for the first time. You need to read again.

Last; I was not talking about any particular shooter, target or hunter, or even the occassional plinker, when I referred to those that are not on the hunting forum at this time. Nor was I talking about the shooter that does not choose to talk about hunting, or has the time to do so. I was referring to those that have obviously stepped back, as a corroboration that there are people who purchase bows only to talk some talk, and huff n puff, simply because bows are vogue and bows/gear are very &quot;Rambo&quot; these days. I meet them off the web, I am sure they are also on the web. However, I am not dissin' them either, they are victims of the alure and the hype.

I was talking K.I.S.S. so that more time is spent enjoying the hunt... or target shooting.

Edited by - c903 on 10/30/2002 20:07:15