HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can you help me, help educate a fellow bowhunter??
Old 10-30-2002, 06:43 AM
davidmil
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Can you help me, help educate a fellow bowhunter??

Stupid idiots. Why do people hear and understand they should have a certain amount of K.E. to use mechanicals.... and then think it doesn't apply to them when they have about 60 percent of the minimum recommendation. Somewhere, some idiot set her up with that set-up too I'm sure. What are they teaching in the mandatory Bowhunter Education Classes in NY? I guess that's why I don't like mechanicals. They have some needs(K.E.) and people think it doesn't apply to them. Of course, I guess the same people would shoot dirt banks with their Thunderheads and not change the inserts before hunting. You don't need articles. Use the game book minimum requirements. Use what most manufacturers suggest for K.E. 55 foot pounds.(MINIMUM) Use your experience. Go to Steve Jacksons site and compute her K.E. for her. She'll soon see she shouldn't be hunting tweets with that set up. Heck, her OWN experiences to this point should be the BEST convincer/educator going. DUhhhhhhhhhhhhh is right. Are you stupid lady? My new hunting buddy, LEN, likes his mechanicals... but he's shooting something like 76-78 foot pounds of KE. He has great results. His 11 year old son got his first deer with the bow the other day. 40 pound bow, fixed broadheads... 20 yards... total passthrough. Even though Len loves his mechanicals he knows the rules and made his son tune his FIXED BROADHEADS. And no horror story to it.

Edited by - davidmil on 10/30/2002 07:46:36