HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - a bad shot or just a tough one?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2002, 09:00 PM
Turkey Fool

Default a bad shot or just a tough one?

i have been asked to tell of my story of missing a deer. there was a heated dicussion in the chat room on tuesday which i felt was uneccessary although i could see some of your points. Comments like foaming at the mouth was unappreciated. the story:

Sunday eveing i had a buck come threw some pines rows 70 yds. from my stand working parallel from me. The deer crossed a row and i identified the deer as a legal buck. I only had one hole to shoot through before the deer would be out of sight. I calmly put my crosshairs on the hole and as the deer's front shoulder came into view I squeezed the triger. Yes, I couldn't see the hole deer through the hole at one time but when the front shoulder came through i had enough room to shoot. The shot felt good and i guess the only thing i could have done was to have shot high. I understand i did say the shot was "impossible" but what i meant to say was that it wasn't. So i want to make this CLEAR.

At no time did i rush my shot or take a bad aim at deer. I was aimin g directly behind the shoulder. Anyways you can judge for yourself.