HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cross border shopping
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 02:18 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cross border shopping

Agreed claim it pay the duty and applicable taxes should be legal to carry it across. How long are you going? Personal exemption may mean you pay nothing additional. I don't know for sure if this applies to firearm parts though, should check if your going to be down their for a week or something. If your flying you might consider mailing it home!!! I have heard weird rumors about stuff being confiscated from passengers travelling via air. Big Guy's post might warrant this reaction and may lead to more than just a loss of the item.....can you say full body search...ouch[:@]. Again rumors but a call to customs might be worth the time and effort.

Trailer, is there an allowed amount of powder you can bring back? Or is this just subject to the normal goods/duty/tax on declaration?

Anybody know if you can order scope rings and bases for theUS and get them shipped. Equally heard conflicting reports (like under 100 yes b/c of mail). So is this in sense breaking the law? I am looking for some warne QR rings for my ML and haven't found anyone in canada.Know of any?

JD hows the babe doing? (the boy too...)