HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Arthur P
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

Nope. Didn't misunderstand a word there, Arroman. Underspined arrows won't shoot worth a flip from ANY rest. That'sso painfullyobvious,I feltthere was no need to go any further with that.

Biskit too tight.. well, that's just one of the limitations of the rest. I prefer to use rests that let me shoot any size arrow I want, without having to buy extra parts. Just one of my peculiarities, I guess.

But none of that speaks to the heart of the matter... ANY rest can be madeto shoot well with field points, especiallywhen you're standing flat footed in front of a target andusing your very best shooting form, and have the time to use a very deliberate, specialized fingers release technique.

Since the wb is touted by many as the 'perfect' hunting rest (gag!)then we need to talk about using hunting arrows in hunting conditions. How consistent is arrow flight, WITH BROADHEADS, using fingers release with a biskit, in actual hunting conditions?That's the point and it doesn't seem anyone saying the wb is okay for fingers is addressing it.

Anyway, I hope you never forget your release. You correctly point out that centershot adjustments are very different for fingers release vs mechanical release. Taking into account the fact thata fingers release normally requires a stiffer arrow spine than for a release; wrong centershot and potentially underspined arrows, plus broadheads instead of field points...

Three strikes against your odds of successalready (assuming you use broadheads and not mechanicals - andno ethical bowhuntershoots mechanicals to compensate for using an untuned bow, right?). So, I'd hate to think what your arrow flight would look like with broadheads, shooting fingers with a biskit when it's tuned to a mechanical release.Scary proposition, that![:-]