Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Technical
 Whisker Biscuit with fingers ??? >

Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

Community
Technical Find or ask for all the information on setting up, tuning, and shooting your bow. If it's the technical side of archery, you'll find it here.

Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

Old 03-21-2006, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

I shoot fingers with a flipper rest, and wanted to try the WB since there is a very limited selection of rests for us finger guys.

Ashooting buddy of mine recently told me that the WB is not compatible with a finger release. I hadn't heard that before.

Any input??
Old 03-21-2006, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

You had to open this can of worms didn't you??
Old 03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
Fork Horn

You can shoot a WB great with fingers. Before I went to shooting with sights I shot a WB on a Hoyt Super Slam circa. 1991 and I did it instinctive. So tell your buddy he was misimformed.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Bulzeye

I shoot fingers with a flipper rest, and wanted to try the WB since there is a very limited selection of rests for us finger guys.
I am curious as to why none of the many drop-aways would not work with fingers, basically the same as a prong rest, except it falls away.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:16 AM

I think its works best with fingers , its worked great for me.
One tip though , put a dot of supper glue on the tip of your fletching. If not the bisquit will rip them up on pass tru.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm mainly asking because I bought a WB just hours before hearing his advice, and I plan to wait to install it until I have more time in the Summer, but want toreturn it soon if it has no hope of working properly.

Of those of you who have said thatthis combination works, how many of you tuned it to the level of bare-shaft or walk-back method, and then with broadheads, and had good flight?
I'm picky about how they fly, and I want to keep my current level of performance where I have my gear tuned bareshaft and then broadhead out to 40 yards.

I think the problem is supposed to be that the WB interferes with the horizontal oscillations that occur with the finger release (archer's paradox), but my gut told me that it should not be any worse than how they interact with the vertical oscillations that occur with a mechanical release.
Old 03-22-2006, 12:37 PM
G5

bulzeye, this is just a question, im not trying to be a smart a$$.

i had never thought of verticle oscillation opposed to horizontal oscillation when shooting my bow. but now that im thinking about it, it seems that horizontal oscillation would creat more stress on the cam(s) and would in turn be more appt to make the cam(s) jump out of sync with each other. causing you totune your more frequent, and lessing the life of good groups. again i haveno idea about this just askingthe question. but if this is true what would keep you to shooting fingers and notswitch to shooting a release.

any help with this questionwould be great, its eating at me nowand i cant find anything out on the internet to support this one way or the other

Old 03-22-2006, 02:02 PM

The paradox occures after the release.I am not sure exactly you mean by having to tune more often.[&:]
Old 03-22-2006, 02:36 PM

ORIGINAL: G5

bulzeye, this is just a question, im not trying to be a smart a$$.

i had never thought of verticle oscillation opposed to horizontal oscillation when shooting my bow. but now that im thinking about it, it seems that horizontal oscillation would creat more stress on the cam(s) and would in turn be more appt to make the cam(s) jump out of sync with each other. causing you totune your more frequent, and lessing the life of good groups. again i haveno idea about this just askingthe question. but if this is true what would keep you to shooting fingers and notswitch to shooting a release.

any help with this questionwould be great, its eating at me nowand i cant find anything out on the internet to support this one way or the other

The oscillation occurs in the arrow, no effect on the bow
Old 03-22-2006, 02:58 PM
G5

The paradox occures after the release.I am not sure exactly you mean by having to tune more often.[&:]
this is my question, if using fingers creates a horizontal oscillation (side to side vibration) would it or would it not add more stress to the cam(s) than verticle oscillation? if yes, is it enough stress to throw your bow out of wack (cam alignment,cable wear, ect....)in a quicker time frame thanif you used a release.?

i guess it is really a very technical question and probaly doesnt makeenough of a differencethat one would notice.the only reason i ask is it obviously makes a difference in arrow flight, and its just my thinking that if it makes somethingshift with the arrow flight something is shifting in your bow also. and in verticaly aligned piece of equipment a horizontal vibration that is fighting the system seems to be something you want to stay away from, i relize that this ocurance is veryfractional, but inany system involving high speeds moving only a short distance fractions make a difference. we all know this acording to arrowflight.and i realize its this is a stupid question, i am just curious and will take all the info i can get when it comes to the mechanics of bows.

Quick Reply: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.