HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2006, 02:18 PM
Arrroman

Default RE: Whisker Biscuit with fingers ???

Actually Art, I said that too tight of a biscuit, or too light of a spine arrow would cause a wider horozontal oval group to occur.

I would never reccomend either a tight biscuit or too light of a spine arrow.

Never the less I am glad that you read. Even if you misunderstand what was written. I try to post things in a manner in which I feel most folks will understand.

When you first set up a bow you should of course shoot a bit closer to the target. Whether you choose to actually place a vertical tape on the bale or shoot at an arrow at the bale you are liable to bust your nock if you use a release real close. And I'll admit to being in a rush to see what the new bow is going to do. I also like to know exactly what the bow will be capable of if by chance I leave the release home or if it has a problem on a hunt. Anyway I got my reasons for the things that I do.

More of my bowshooting with fingers gets done with recurves and longbows. I do anchor the same with a compound as I do with the traditional bows, and at 15-20yards Ican shoot either with fingers good enough to hit soda cans.

The release on the other hand, puts the compound bow more in the catagory of a rifle. At 10yards you can hit dimes. At 20yards you can hit quarters. And thats with a whisker biscuit and a Bowtech, shooting Axis 300 shafts with a 125grain Magnus head. Would the bow exactly the same with fingers? No, and I would not expect it to. But it would be close.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>